Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Friend Who Has Passed

I have a friend who died tragically almost three years ago.  I am not sure that anyone ever really gets over a loss that is unexpected, especially when the person is young.  I had a dream the other night that my husband died and in dying brought my friend back to life.  Everyone was so excited to have my friend return to the land of the living and in the dream the death of my husband was not focused on, just a catalyst.  I remember feeling excited to catch up with my previously dead friend and have him meet my nephew, who was born since he had died.

This dream reminded me of a dream that I had about him only a few months after he passed.  In that dream I and everyone else were also dead.  We were in what I am presuming was heaven, or just the afterlife.  We were all androgynous, we were no longer two genders, everyone was a single gender.  Because of this, and the nature of the place that we were, no one wore clothing.  We were still basically humanoid in form.  The main action of my dream was just me, my dead friend and his wife all hugging.  We were happy to be reunited.

I have had one other dream with my dead friend in it.  I don't remember most of it, just that he was alive again.  Instead of having been dead it was like it had just been gone for awhile.  Again, it was like catching up with an old friend and filling him in on my life and what he had missed while he was gone.

I often think of my friend and miss him, however, I cherish these dream moments where I get to see him and catch up with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment