Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Two Thousand and Fourteen

Today is the first day of 2014.  I am one of those people who like symbolic fresh starts.  Realistically I know that I am not going to magically become a new person with a lack of my current personality flaws, namely my lack of self discipline.  However, there is something about beginnings that give me a mental boost to help me attempt to make changes.  I want to make a reminder to myself, however, that every day and every moment of each day can be a fresh start.

Of course I have things I want to change about myself, things that I have been wanting to change for way longer than just the past year and I know that part of getting there is the journey.  I would love to see changes like the following:


  • Eat healthier - make my own food rather than eating out or pre-made.
  • Exercise more (by that I mean at all).
  • Read more books.
  • Spend more time with the people I love.
  • Stop procrastinating, especially in regards to school work.
  • Keep my house clean.
  • Learn more outside of school.
  • Find more ways to express myself creatively.
  • Start seeing someone for my phobia.
  • Do charity work.
  • Take more photos of events and everyday things.

I am sure there are more, and I will be working towards all of them, but one thing I definitely want to work on, a definite priority, is to be less negative.  I am a very negative person in my own head.  I instantly hate everything, or at least that is what it feels like most of the time.  I am also very hard on myself.  That list above is something that my scumbag brain tries to tell me that I should have perfected from the beginning, not accepting that to get there is a process.  I do not desire this type of negativity in my life.  I want to focus on the positives and the achievements that I make, even if for some days that means just getting out of bed.


This blog, which I am hoping to keep up with, is mainly just for myself, but if you would like to follow along, maybe we can be encouragement to each other.  This used to be my blog for documenting my dreams (actual night dreams, not goals) and I still want to document those here, but I feel that I can also use this place to share other things happening in my life as well.  I am planning to attempt to share the things that I learn here, because I have heard it said that if you can teach something then you really understand it.


So, a message to anyone who is reading this (including myself), every moment can be a fresh start, so if you start to slack on the things you want to change in your life, steel your resolve and make that moment your new start and continue on.  Never stop picking yourself up and starting over because you are not defeated until you stop trying.  


GO US!!! And Happy New Year! *pops confetti popper*

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen! My name is Cameron and I had a quick question that I was hoping you'd be willing to answer for me. My email is cvonstjames@gmail.com Thanks so much! :-)

    ReplyDelete