Thursday, July 28, 2011

3 Dreams In One Night

Did I even sleep?  It almost didn't feel like it with three dreams in one night.  They were long and involved dreams as well.  Apparently I was so out of it, I don't even remember saying goodbye to my husband this morning as he left for work.

Dream One:
My night started off with a weird dream that I don't remember all of now.  I was pursuing a guy and I brought him home to meet my mom and my little cousin, Andrew, was there as well.  We were then babysitting some little babies, but I am not sure the reason for that.  The guy's mom didn't seem to understand our dedication to babysitting these babies, so she left in a huff.  (how she got there, I am not sure).  The babies escaped and then my dream morphed to them escaping on this little string setup and instead of being babies they were small faeries or something.  I don't really understand the dream, and I didn't really understand it as soon as I awoke from it.

Dream Two:
I then had another dream where I was in a halloween shop that was set up like a swap-meet, but it was almost all sold out.  One of the two ladies that had anything left in their stalls, had candles with colored flames and I wanted some.  So I bought some and was on my way.  As I left the store, these weird alien people came and attacked our planet, or at least the area I was at.  They made it so that most of the ground was flooded with water so that we had to try and stay above it.  They were testing us, so they had creatures in the water that would pull us under if we were in it for too long.  We somehow had an ship/aircraft that we (humans) were able to get into and be protected.  I was able to get into one and helped out with protecting the children and keeping them inside.  That is all I remember from this one.

Dream Three:
My final dream of the night included a graduation party.  I believe it was my own graduation party, and it felt like I was graduating high school again.  I was with my sister-in-law and her son, though, so I am not sure if I was actually graduating high school or if my dream just decided to fold time about.  My SIL and I were staying at one of my teacher's houses, who also ended up being her mom and my mother-in-law.  It was an odd combination, especially as my MIL has never been my teacher.  The party started and I was mingling with friends and guests, but for the life of me, even though the teacher was my mother-in-law as well (or some weird combination, maybe she wasn't my mother-in-law at all, just a teacher that looked like her, although, why were we at her house?) I couldn't remember her name.  

Some of my friends and I then decided to go swimming in the lake that was outside of the house.  We were swimming around and I decided that I had to pee so I swam across the way to an area with public restrooms and snack areas.  I went into the restroom for the women, but it was really full and people were in their cleaning.  I waited and finally it was my turn, but the stall was gross, and everything was wet, as public restrooms near lakes and beaches often are.  So I am trying to go potty without getting myself wet from anything around me and apparently I am having trouble keeping the stall door closed.  This was when I woke up.  I will have to post another time about my nightmares with trying to find an enclosed place to pee.

Question:
Anybody have any dreams similar to those above?  How about dreams where things feel fuzzy and wrong while you're in the dream, like how I knew I should know the name of the teacher, but I just couldn't remember it?

5 comments:

  1. When things get fuzzy my dreams usually change the subject, or I wake up annoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, you are the only person who dreams such weird dreams.
    --Nanette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Nanette: that was sort of the purpose of my blog, because I dream such crazy things, I thought people would get a kick out of sharing them with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of my dreams that have people in them are just blank faces, but in my head I know who they are. Which is weird 'cause sometimes they are acting completely out of character..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan: often times in my dreams people switch back and forth from being one person to another, it makes perfect sense while I am dreaming it, but always throws me for a loop when I am thinking about it while awake :)

    ReplyDelete