Friday, July 22, 2011

A Night Chock Full of Crazy Dreams!

Last night I experienced 2 major dreams, with the second one being like 3 mini dreams all mashed into one sequence.  The first was mainly about vampires and the second included something evil, a wedding and a weird conveying device.


Dream One


My dream started out with me fighting vampires.  I was trying to get a certain vampire to come with me as I was meant to help him return to himself (think of the way Angel turned into Angelus in Buffy).  I was having trouble due to the fact that there was an extra powerful leader vampire there trying to protect the vampire I was meaning to capture.  I wish I remember more of the fight as it was pretty neat.  I was in an area with other people who were helping me.  We were able to get the vampire away from the others and subdued.  This vampire was my friend Mike.  


Jonathan (my husband), Kevin (another friend), Mike and I were then in a car going where we needed to go to continue to help.  Our other friends were meeting us there.  I remember at this point I was really upset in my dream because I was trying to draw a map to where we were going for our other friends but I couldn't do it correctly.  If I was in to lucid dreaming, this would probably have been some sort of clue that I was dreaming.  For some reason my dream takes a detour during this time.  While in the car we are driving through some mountains and we have a large lake/sea on the right of us and a cliff to the left.  Recently I have discovered a fear of large bodies of water.  I am kind of afraid of tsunamis (of which I have a separate recurring dream about).  So I start to freak out, much to the detriment of our driving.  True to the fact that this is a dream and things are fluid, when we drive down the slope we are coming up to that will take us from the top of the previously mentioned cliff to the bottom, it is incredibly steep and I end up flipping over in the car because I was not strapped in correctly (always wear your seat belts kids!).  


Again due to the fluidity, or maybe I have just already lost this bit upon waking, but we are all of a sudden at our destination.  The dream morphs here again as well.  I am now not actively dealing with vampires, but protecting my friend, who in some parts is my cousin Stephanie and others is my friend Sarah.  This part of the dream is already hazy in my mind, but when she is Stephanie, I am in a store and am just keeping an eye on some people and watching out.  I am also getting flack from some ladies in the store for not wanting children right now, if ever.  They kept telling me that I should reconsider because I had a body made for child bearing.  


Then when it was Sarah I was protecting I was in a house with a large back yard.  I was talking to her and some men that arrived about the happenings with the vampires and other creatures in the area and they were giving me information that they had.  Almost think Order of the Phoenix meeting.  I am not giving exact details here because I am only left with impressions of the way the dream went.  While we were talking someone was arriving that we were trying to set Sarah/Stephanie up with because he was a good guy and could protect her while we could not.  At some point in this scene a really creepy dude had arrived and was just skulking about, but not doing anything to incriminate himself.  


The next thing I remember from the dream is that as Sarah/Stephanie (they were more morphed into one person at this point) was walking into the restroom he (who was now morphed with the guy we wanted to set her up with) closely followed her in there and I pulled him out and threw him onto the floor and locked us into the room without him so that she would be protected.  I asked her if she felt what I did was ok (as she had been talking to him) and she said yes.  This was where I woke up from the dream.  I wish I remembered more of the details instead of just the tenor, but I still think it was a pretty awesome dream to be able to share.


Dream Two


I dreamt that I was with some people who had someone close to them recently commit suicide and one of their number was really distraught about this because he didn't believe that this person woudl do such a thing.  They discussed it and came to the conclusion that it seemed like some evil thing killed this person instead.  My being with them they requested me to help them look it up.  I didn't want to learn about it so I was very reluctant.  


The dream then morphed to me being at a wedding between two people I knew, but I couldn't name them now while awake.  I was not dressed properly for the wedding so I decided to go back to the place I was staying to get ready.  As I was back in my room, I was being stalked by something that didn't feel right.  I was able to get help from someone else at the house and excaped the thing that made me feel so uncomfortable.  I was then at the very uncoordinated wedding and I was apparently the acting mother of the groom.  The wedding party then decided as part of the wedding they were going to put on a rock show, so they all picked up instruments and started playing.  


The dream morphed again after this to me being in a place similar to an airport but I believe that it had many means of travel.  I was going in the direction that I thought I should go, but apparently I was in the wrong place, because I remember trying to go away to somewhere else.  Before I could get away, however, I was swept up by this big thing that reminded be of those new rollercoasters where the seats twist around in addition to actually running on the track.  So I had to grab onto one of the handholds to not be knocked off and as I was moving on that thing (twising around on it while still being able to hold on) I woke up.  


In writing this I am annoyed at the disjointed-ness of the dream, but it felt totally fluid while I was dreaming it.  So my night was throughly filled with crazy dreams.  I am suprised that I feel so rested this morning with a night like that.


Question:
Have any of you ever had a dream with vampires?  This is not my first one.  Or have any of you had any dreams about weddings?  Please let me know in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. I had a vampire dream last week! It was primarily a zombie dream. Mark and I were fighting zombies in an abandoned hospital.. other friends were there as well. We were trying to protect Mark's mom. Edward (yes, THAT Edward) was there.. he was on our side, but kept putting his interest in another male (not sure if he was human or vampire) so I was very upset that he was not being more proactive with our fight. It was very intense, but I had to laugh when I woke up, as Edward's sexual preference and my irritation with his fighting skills cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the font of your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aline, I love your dream! It sounds like it was sooo much fun to have, even if it was stressful at the time. I also would have to laugh about Edward's sexual orientation and your irritation at him. He is kinda the most pansy of the vampires in that story, so it doesn't shock me. I also like the font, obviously since I chose it :) I hope you get a kick out of my blog and feel free to post any dreams relevant (or not) in the comments, it makes me feel special :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those were pretty crazy & detailed! I laughed out loud at the part where everyone picked up instruments and started jamming at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan: it was really fun to have the wedding party put on a show like that. It is like those wedding shows you see where the first dance is a production instead of just a waltz or other slow dance. It is definitely something to think about for a future anniversary party or maybe to suggest to someone who is getting married. :)

    ReplyDelete