Wednesday, July 27, 2011

School Games and Home Improvement?

Often times, when I am concerned about something when I am awake, it translates over to when I am asleep as well.  More often than not, this occurs in a very odd way, as dreams are wont to do.  Two dreams last night that I remember reflected worries I harbor while awake, school and the work we are doing to our house.


School Dream:
The first dream started with me taking a yoga class.  I arrived at class to see it full of other girls with their exercise attire on.  Then the teacher arrived and things started to get really weird.  The teacher was a crabby and lecherous old man.  As we were all moving around getting into place, the dream morphed into the same setting but with a weird game to be played instead of any yoga.  There were rows of oddly placed items and we each had a store of our own odd items.  The game was to match the items you had with the items in a row, then you were able to collect those items for your scoring.  We were playing against the instructor.  It was really strange, as I was viewing the room as if it were on a monitor like a computer game.


Home Improvement Dream:
In the second dream, Jonathan and I had purchased a large home to share with my parents.  We had new flooring put in and were preparing to have family over to celebrate.  When we arrived at the house the day of the celebration (apparently we were not living there yet), it was full of weird flooring supplies.  The flooring people had set up our house as if it was their warehouse / showroom.  We were mainly worried that what they had done to display the product on the floor was going to ruin or damage our new floors.


I have just finished summer school this week and start the fall semester on August 15, so school has definitely been on my mind.  I am sure I will have more school dreams as the weeks before school start go on.  Regarding the home improvement, we didn't just buy a home with my parents (as anyone reading this blog probably knows) but we did just get new floors.  We haven't yet had a chance to have people over, but I am dearly looking forward to it!  I just need to get the baseboards and other moldings done so that we can move the furniture back in!


Question:
Have you had any dreams about school or other worries you were experiencing during the day?

1 comment:

  1. I've had weird dreams about being the only person in a classroom and the teacher teaches but looks at every desk like there are people there, but never looks at me.

    Maybe it's my weird invisibility issues that I know are stupid.

    ReplyDelete